Early Detection Lowers Risk of Vision Loss in Diabetic RetinopathyGlobal prevalence of diabetes is about 8.5%, of which 40% with diabetic retinopathy. Research showed that up to 25% of patients newly diagnosed with diabetes may have retinopathy, at the time of diagnosis1. Symptoms may not be noticeable in early stage and often being neglected. It may have progressed to advanced stage when symptoms become obvious. It may lead to irreversible eye sight damages or even cause blindness.
Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) is the second leading cause of blindness in Hong Kong. Early detection with proper treatment and follow-up helps to preserve good eyesight. Therefore, OPTICAL 88 introduced “5-minute Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Assessment” with ZEISS advanced technology VISUHEALTH. Using ZEISS VISUSCOUT fundus camera, we are able to capture retina images easily and upload to VISUHEALTH platform for Artificial Intelligence (AI) analysis. It takes only 5 minutes to complete the screening and get the result. Retina images may also be downloaded by reading QR codes with smartphones.
Diabetics and people with family history of diabetes or diabetic retinopathy are at high risk of diabetic retinopathy. Besides, obesity, smoking habit, high blood pressure and lack of experiences are also risk factors of diabetic retinopahty. Detect early and protect vision via regular DR screening!
Outlets Addresses with ZEISS VISUHEALTH Diabetic Retinopathy Screening:
Hong Kong Island：
- Shop 124A, 1/F., Cityplaza, 18 Taikoo Shing Road, Taikoo Shing
- Shop No.G3, G/F., Windsor House, Causeway Bay
- Shop No.G61-63, G/F., Phase I, Amoy Plaza, Kowloon Bay
- Shop No. 291, Level 2, Plaza Hollywood, Diamond Hill
- Shop unit 322A, Maritime Square, Tsing Yi
- 2072-73 & 2075-76號舖 Shop No.2072-73 & 2075-76, 2/F., Tuen Mun Town Plaza, Phase I, Tuen Mun
- Shop No.474-476, Level 4, Metroplaza, Kwai Fong
- Shop 142, Level 1, Park Central, Tseung Kwan O
- Shop No.605, Level 6, Phase I, New Town Plaza, Shatin
1. Jimenez-Baez, Maria Valeria et al. “Early diagnosis of diabetic retinopathy in primary care.” Colombia medica (Cali, Colombia) vol.46, 1 14-8. 30 Mar.2019